Alexandria L. Andresen
Alexandria graduated Summa Cum Laude with Pro Bono Honors from Charlotte School of Law in May 2015. Alexandria is licensed to practice law in North Carolina State Court and Federal Court for the Western District of North Carolina. While in law school, she served as President of the ABA Law Student Division. Alexandria also served on the Law Review Editorial Board, Moot Court Executive Board, Order of the Crown Honor Society Executive Board, and Phi Delta Phi Honors Fraternity Executive Board. Alexandria spent a full semester as a Judicial Extern for Chief Judge of the Western District of North Carolina, the Honorable Frank D. Whitney. She spent her law school summers interning with the Litigation and Employment Department of Compass Group USA, Inc. At McAlpine PLLC, Alexandria specializes in Business Law, Intellectual Property, and Business Litigation.
Honors & Awards
- Class-Elected Student Speaker at Charlotte School of Law Graduation (2015)
- Dean’s Special Recognition Award (2015), Charlotte School of Law
- Ms. JD Fellowship Recipient (2014), Ms. JD National Nonprofit Organization
- American Bar Association Law Student Division Membership & Activity Award (2014), ABA
- Outstanding Officer of the Year Award (2014), Charlotte School of Law
- Rising Star Award (2013), Charlotte School of Law
- Dean’s List All Semesters at Charlotte School of Law
- CALI Awards for Highest Grade in the Class for the Following: Civil Procedure I, Contracts II, Professional Responsibility, Employment Discrimination, First Amendment
Alonzo M. Alston
I am passionate about, effective at, and dedicated to helping entrepreneurs in entertainment, small business, early stage start-ups, and growing companies develop or improve upon strong foundations and frameworks for success. McAlpine PLLC serves investors, businesses, freelancers, start-ups (tech, apps, SaaS), early stage start-ups, entertainment (film, television, music, arts, & theatre companies and talent) clients in the areas of contracts, private securities transactions, production deals, development deals, mergers & acquisistions, licensing, entertainment project funding, film funding/financing, crowdfunding (debt/equity), private finance, venture capital, IP (copyright & trademark), unfair competition law, & litigation.
Alonzo McAlpine Alston, Esq. was born in Savannah, GA, is a loving and dedicated husband and father of two as well as results driven, service oriented, and client-focused attorney.
Attorney Alston was born to entrepreneurial parents who were heavily involved in the civil rights movement, and is a product of their strong influence and guidance to purpose his life and endeavors on social equality, cause-driven activism, and self-reliance with a focus on empowerment through community building. These values have also influenced his desire to continually exhibit integrity, maintain ownership of his work-product, and develop clear goal-oriented communications.
Attorney Alston said, “[O]ne of the primary reasons I became an attorney was to make sure that people knew what I didn’t know when I started out in business. I wanted people to know the value of strong agreements and be able to speak to an attorney that had been on the wrong end of a bad deal. Someone’s got to fight for the little guy in business.”
Entrepreneurship has been a driving force in his life, and began at an early age. Since his first lemonade stand and video game exchange, Attorney Alston has sought to maximize value for his clients. In 2001, Attorney Alston founded Movement Productions (now, Movement Productions, LLC) to provide quality event oriented entertainment, information services, and resources. Similarly, Attorney Alston established McAlpine PLLC to provide client focused and dedicated customer service yielding high-quality legal counsel in a variety of practice areas.
Attorney Alston is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a B.A. in Communications Studies and minor in African-American Studies, is a graduate of the inaugural class of Charlotte School of Law, and is licensed to practice law in the state of North Carolina.
- 2009 – Licensed, North Carolina
- 2009 – Charlotte School of Law – Dean’s Special Recognition Award; CALI Award (Higest Grade) Torts II; NCBA Pro Bono Service Award
- 2004 – University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. Communication Studies – Media Studies/Media Production
- 2000 – Savannah Country Day School